Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cheerleading in Movies

So.. I was watching Bring It On.. and I decided that even though it is one of my favorite movies, they really do make cheerleading into a sexy sport. The dance moves are made with more hip motions and seductive looking sways. The cheers they show aren't even the types of cheers I would expect a normal cheerleader to do. The uniforms are also short and midriff showing. I really think that if a younger girl watched one of these movies and then had to go and help choose her jr high or high school uniform, she would be more likely to want one that is shorter and more revealing. I am hoping that high schools keep to regulation and don't allow extremely short skirts and midriff showing tops or when I have children, I don't think I would let them try out for cheerleading. (there are other movies than Bring It On, with cheerleading, it was just the one that made me think to blog about.)

1 comment:

  1. Ha, thank you! And no...my topic isn't going well...but i guess i will manage. I like your URL...its funny. haha. I think you have a great idea going, and theres so many things you can write about so your essay will be juicy with detail. ha.

    ReplyDelete